- Qaw’mane Wilson, a 30-year-old aspiring rapper in Chicago, was sentenced on Friday to 99 years in prison for hiring a hitman to gun down his mother in 2012
- Eugene Spencer, who was hired to carry out the murder, was given a 100 year prison sentence for the slaying of Yolanda Holmes
- Wilson was found guilty of hiring Wilson in 2012 to carry out the murder so that he could later empty his mother’s bank acounts
- Records showed the woman’s son withdrew nearly $70,000 from her bank in the months after her death
- Wilson spent the money on flashy clothes and gull wings which he used to customizing the pricey Ford Mustang muscle car his mother had given him
- He is also seen in a YouTube video throwing the bills on supporters, explaining that he knows how to ‘give back’ to his fans
An aspiring rapper in Chicago was sentenced to 99 years in prison after he and a hitman he hired to gun down his mother were found guilty of murdering the woman.
Qaw’mane Wilson, who raps under the name ‘Young QC’, was sentenced by Judge Stanley Sacks, in Cooks County, on Friday.
Sacks also gave the hitman, Eugene Spencer, a similar punishment, 100 years in prison for the slaying of Wilson’s mother, Yolanda Holmes, in 2012.
‘The word is ‘matricide’, meaning murder of one’s own mother,’ the judge said as he stared down from the bench at Wilson and Spencer, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Aspiring rapper Qaw’mane Wilson is pictured in a Chicago Police Department mug shot. Now, 30, Wilson on Friday was sentenced to 99 years in prison for hiring a hitman to gun down his mother in 2012
A judge in Chicago on Friday noted what had become obvious during the case, that Wilson, who was 23 at the time Yolanda Holmes (pictured) was shot dead in her North Side apartment, had been doted upon by his mother when he ordered her death
Sacks noted what had become obvious during the case, that Wilson, who was 23 at the time Holmes was shot dead in her North Side apartment, had been doted upon by his mother when he ordered her death.
Whatever he wanted, his mother gave to him. A car. A job. One could say he was spoiled. She gave Qaw’mane life, and it was his choice to take it away from her,’ the judge said during the man’s sentencing.
Prosecutors said Sencer and Wilson’s girlfriend went to Holmes’ apartment in Uptown on Sept. 12, 2012, to carry out the murder so that the rapper could empty her bank accounts.
Records showed the woman’s son withdrew nearly $70,000 from her accounts in the months after her death, and spent the money on flashy clothes and adding gull wings to a pricey Ford Mustang muscle car she had given him.
In an episode that Wilson filmed and posted online, he is seen throwing cash on to his supporters and saying that he knows how to ‘give back’ to his fans.
Wilson, now 30, with long dreadlocks, pulled back into a topknot Friday, nodded as the judge delivered the sentence.
When asked if he had anything to say before Sacks made his ruling, Wilson was brief, the Times reports.
⚠️ Make sure to Like Us 👍🏾 on Facebook using the widget below so you don’t miss out on new stories like this. ⬇️